Now that the launches of the Google Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro are behind us, it’s time to shift our focus to what lies ahead. While you have the option to grab this year’s Google flagships, known for their impressive features, particularly when on sale, there’s a certain thrill in speculating about what’s coming next.
The Pixel 9 is just around the corner, and given Google’s track record for leaks, there’s a good chance of catching a glimpse of the device in real-world scenarios sooner than expected. Here’s a comprehensive overview of all the information we have regarding the Pixel 9.Top of Form
Design and Specs:
- Design Language: The Pixel 9 is expected to maintain Google’s iconic design language, including the distinctive camera bar that has become a hallmark of recent Pixel models.
- Model Variants: The Pixel 9 series is rumored to include the regular Pixel 9 (no specific codename mentioned), the Pixel 9 Pro (codenamed “komodo”), and a smaller version of the Pixel 9 Pro (codenamed “caiman”). The smaller model is suggested to have a 6.3″ display, similar to the size of the current Pixel 7, but with features comparable to the larger model.
- Chipset: The Pixel 9 series is expected to be powered by the Tensor G4 chipset. Originally planned as Google’s first custom in-house chipset, recent reports suggest that this will be delayed until the Pixel 10, and the Tensor G4 will continue to be a modified Samsung Exynos chipset.
- Android Version: The Pixel 9 and Pixel 9 Pro are anticipated to be the first smartphones to launch with Android 15 out of the box.
- OS Updates: Similar to the Pixel 8 series, the Pixel 9 series is speculated to receive seven years of OS updates, extending support up to the year 2031.
Price and Release Date:
- Price: Considering the $100 price increase seen with the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro, it is expected that the Pixel 9 series will maintain these price points. The estimated prices are $700 for the Pixel 9 and $1,000 for the Pixel 9 Pro.
- Release Date: Google’s tradition of launching new Pixel hardware in the first week of October is expected to continue. The anticipated timeline suggests an early October launch event for Made By Google 2024, with availability on store shelves approximately a week after the official announcement.
It’s important to note that this information is based on rumors and leaks, and the actual details may vary when the official announcement is made.Last Words